Tanner Goes to the Dome

I cannot believe that I am typing this blog post.  At the beginning of this football season I was ready to be the mom that brought cookies and said better luck next time as I patted everyone on the back and handed out Kleenex.  HOWEVER, after a rough start after the first two games, this little underdog team turned it all around and ended the season not only ranked number 1, but also won the 6th grade South East Idaho Football League (American Division) championships in the Holt Arena (Home of the ISU Bengals).
Of course, we had to change our tune to the "Pizza at our house for everyone!" parents.  We are so cool.  Ha!
Tanner #3, warming up

His enthusiastic cheering section

Tanner got to be one of the team captains who called the coin toss.










The game was incredibly tight and up until the last 3 minutes of the fourth quarter we were down.  However we had some tremendous luck with us and were able to score a touchdown right at the very end.  I don't think I have ever bit my nails so hard or screamed so loud at a football game.  I may have even cried a little.  Final score 12-7.

The After Party
An appearance was made by Spider Man



We may have played sardines in the house with 20 11-year old boys. 






I really love this group of boys.  They have a lot of heart.

Comments