Fair Days

One really cool advantages to living where we live is that it puts us within pretty close range to submit items to the Eastern Idaho State Fair.  The kids never focused on one project for the fair this year, so instead they decided to enter in the one thing that our garden actually produced this year... pumpkins. 
 The most exciting part of the fair is rushing to find out who won ribbons on their entries.

The competition was fierce.

Tanner snagged third and a $1.50 prize.

And Ian got second and a $2 prize.  Score!  Everyone else got an honorable mention and a $1 prize.  Everyone was thrilled.

At the last minute, I insanely decided to enter the most intense baking competition (outside of cake decorating) that the fair had to offer.  I honestly don't know what I was thinking.  Every time I have ever entered a food item into the fair, I have never even scored an honorable mention.  Yet, somehow I figured I had what it takes to enter the Four Star Baker competition.
I had to bake a cake, a two crust pie, cookies, bread, and banana bread.  All from SCRATCH!  You better believe my kitchen was a mess.

I made a carrot cake.

A triple berry pie.

And Banana cookies

And I got 2nd place overall!!! 

I was pretty surprised and very excited. 

And now I have this: 
To help me take FIRST place next year!

Comments