Be Still My Heart- Back to School Already!

Today the kids started school!  Inconceivable!  This summer just went by way to fast :(

The one good thing about starting school this early in August is that it is pretty light outside at 6:30 a.m. and makes it a whole lot easier to get up.

This year I have five kids doing school!  What the What?!? 


Little Mr. Bronson was devastated when I took Charlotte to sign up for Kindergarten.  I home preschooled the two of them together last year and they were two little peas in a pod.  He kinda assumed they were the same age, so when I took her to register for Kindergarten he was furious to learn that he wouldn't be going too.  I talked to some other moms in the neighborhood and they agreed to organize a little mommy and me preschool so at least once a week he will get to rotate to some friends houses for some good preschool action, which seems to have appeased him.  He has had his backpack at the ready for weeks.  


He is such a silly kid.  We love him to death! 


And this little Miss thinks she is old enough to go to Kindergarten.  I told myself I wasn't going to cry.  I confidently told others I wasn't going to cry... but then as I took her in for a screening today, her teacher gave me a poem to read to her about her first day of Kindergarten.... and I couldn't get through it... I may have been crying. 

I am going to miss her so much.  She is such a good friend to Bronson and Whitlee and a great helper to me.  Tear.

This guy loves school and has been so excited for weeks to get going.  He starts third grade this year and is the oldest grade in his school.

Ian is a great kid.  Smart and fun, a natural born leader.  Can't wait to see his accomplishments this year.

This girl is getting too pretty to send!  Seriously, 6th grade this year.  

 I am a little nervous as I recall 6th grade being about the age where boys aren't so yucky anymore, and this one is at total ease around boys because she has always been attached at the hip to this goofball... 

This big 6th grader has already started football and eats me out of house and home but doesn't gain a pound!  How would that be?  Both Tanner and Ashlyn chose to take advanced math this year and I am so proud of them for making a decision to be challenged.

Love these two.  This is their last year in Middle School and then onto Junior High!  Oh I feel so old. 


The house is already way to quiet today without all these kiddos!  Can't believe I am already missing all the chaos!

Comments