Once Upon a Time There Was a Princess...

Charlotte sure is at a funny age.   She likes to keep me on my toes:
Literally, she is my ballet teacher (self-taught from Angelina Ballerina) and she insists that I be on my toes!

But sometimes I get to be the teacher too.  I have put together a rotating mother's preschool that will start in a couple of weeks.  I get to be her first teacher.  I did a little write up about our preschool in the BYU Alumni magazine and they wanted a picture of Charlotte and I to put with my little write-up.  If you get the BYU Alum magazine, I think you can look for it in the upcoming Fall edition?


What 9/10ths of our pictures turned out like when we tried to take one for the magazine.

Jewelry is a must every day along with tutus or skirts of some sort.  Right now a certain zebra print tutu and a bright pink jumper dress are in contest for most popular outfit.

After a hard day of play little unicorns need their beauty sleep.



This little girl is a big fan of the Fly Guy books by Tedd Arnold.  These books have inspired her to adopt every fly in our house and make them her pets...

And so we had to make a bed for them in a jar.  Meet Char's newest pet, Fly Girl.

The closest I will ever come to living in a magic kingdom is hanging out with my amazing 3-year old.  She is so involved in her make believe fantasies, it is hard not to get involved.  I was reading her a story the other day about fairies and etc.  I inserted names of family members to make the story more exciting.  Her Aunt Lyndsay may have been cast as an evil villain and Charlotte was so distressed at the thought that her beloved Aunt might be evil that she couldn't rest all day until she had called Aunt Lyndsay to check up on her to make sure she was still good.  Aunt Lyndsay was doing great thank Heavens, but may have told Charlotte in retaliation that I am really her wicked step-mother... oh how that has come to bite me! 

She also firmly believes with all her heart that she can get out of a time out by merely reiterating the fact to me that she is a princess and she is beautiful... if only that really worked :)

Love our Charlie Bear!

Comments