Being Crafty

Our home hit it's 2 1/2 year mark of being "For Sale", with nothing even close to a sale, in fact, we hadn't even been showing the house much at all lately,  the contract was up with the realtor, and with holiday seasons and a baby on the horizon, we decided it was time for a break.

What does that have to do with being crafty?  Well, I now feel like I can spread a project out from here to there and work on it all day rather than dusting the chandeliers in case the house shows.

Here are some of the projects I have been working on lately!
We have had this carseat since the twins were born.  I don't mind the fabric so much, but that creepy little bear sticker at the top has always rubbed me wrong...

Not to mention after going through 4 kids this thing was irreparably stained up and getting worn out.  We needed a re-do.

Ta Da!  The finished product!  I honestly can't believe that I figured this out!  It involved picking apart every piece of the old carseat cover and then cutting out new pieces and putting it all back together. 

It even got a new canopy makeover.  In the past, I would have never gone for something so blue, just in case we have more kids and the next one is a girl, but I am sick of "generic", I wanted this little guy to have something boy-ish!

Next up, while Zac was out of town in Louisianna, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah one week, I got bored.  So I took the kids to DI with me to see what I could make.  I bought this glass goblet and glass bowl and glued them together to make a fruit bowl... or harvest bowl for a fall decoration.  It cost me $1.50 to make (plus glue and all the stuff I put in it).

I also bought this pot for $2.00 and painted it coppery/ red and put some sticks in it to fill a big vacant space in my kitchen.

Nasty pillow that we got for a wedding present

Ta Da!  Total cost: Free, I had all of these scraps in my fabric box.

And finally I was sick of Ashlyn and Charlotte's hair bows getting lost and dirty in this mess of a drawer.

Whenever we wanted a bow, we would find them gunked up with toothpaste or find them not at all, ewwww!

The solution:  I took a picture frame that I already had but was not using.  Used some scrap fabric to cover a piece of scrap plywood Zac had lying around in the garage and bought this ribbon for $2.00, then tacked it just so onto the plywood.

And now we have a handy bow holder hanging in our bathroom.  Now we can see exactly what we have and everything stays toothpaste free!

Now, I should probably go clean my house again... but it sure isn't as much fun :(

Comments

Leia said…
Lori, those are all so cute. I love that feeling of accomplishment I get when finishing a craft. Even if it wasn't #1 on my to do list. That car seat cover turned out really nice! I've been wanting to try that myself.
Kris said…
You never cease to amaze me! What darling crafty things!
Annie Bingham said…
That car seat amazes me. How you could make it look so fab is beyond me. Good job!
USA said…
Way to go Lori! I'm loving that you sew more than I do...and I remember those days of beginning sewing when you would cry and have your mom make your skirt for you! (Ha, ha!! No, I know you did it yourself!) You're AMAZING!!