Whatever...

I have had the hardest time getting Ian to decide on a Halloween costume this year. Ashlyn and Tanner on the other hand have known what they wanted to be for a year. We bought their costumes on clearance last year and they have been looking forward to wearing them all year. Ian on the other hand, started off wanting to be a cowboy. Great! He was a cowboy last year, we have all the stuff, easy.... but then he wanted to be a vampire, then a fireman, then a "truck guy", then a "practicin' guy" which as far as I can tell is a guy that wears exercise clothes and jogs around all day. THEN, he started wanting to be a "jibitz ramadana" a word that he made up and when I asked him how a "jibitz ramadana" dressed, he told me they wear a "boolah toba remoo".... uh, I am struggling here. Now the costume changes from day to day to new made up words and weird combinations of clothes that he puts on.

Today he was watching "The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot about That" on PBS, and I said, "I know Ian, you should be the Cat in the Hat, we could get you a hat like that and a bow tie..." to which I got a dirty look and a "Mom, that is a weird idea!" Just then he looked up at the ceiling fan and said, "I know! I will be a fan and go around and around, yeah, THAT'S a cool idea!"

Sigh... if we come to your house trick or treating, just go with it!

Comments