My Spooky Hobby

You might think I am weird, but I am absolutely enthralled with "ghost houses", or houses and buildings that have been abandoned long ago. I think it all started in elementary school when a good friend, Natalie Larsen, used to invite me over for sleep overs and we would sleep in an abandoned farm house on their property. We would tell spooky stories in there and stay up all night watching for ghosts.
Ghost houses have such a mysterious quality to me. I look at them and try to imagine them brand new and imagine the people who would have lived there, and then try to invent stories for what ever reason they might have abandoned their property. It is all so romantic. Someday, I will find a journal, or priceless antique, or hobo, or a dead body, and it will be the crowning jewel of my hobby. But for now I will have to satisfy myself with pictures and samples of wall paper that I tear from the walls.

Ghost house near Darby Girl's Camp

The beautiful living room area

Look at that quality construction!
No ghosts here today darn it, but please don't tell Zac I am looking for any, or he won't take me to ghost houses anymore!

Comments