Firsts

On September 1st, the twins had their FIRST day of FIRST grade and it was the FIRST time that they have been in their own classes. I was sadder this year sending them to school than last year. After waiting five years for Kindergarten, I was shoving them out the door, but after having such a fun Summer together, I realized how much I am going to miss having them gone all day every day.

Two best buddies.
I had to wonder all Summer if I made the right decision in separating them for the year. But, when I went to parent teacher conference and Tanner showed me where he sat and what number he was assigned for his cubbie hole, I said, "Cool, Ashlyn is number 6 just like you!" to which he replied, "Not everything we do is the same! We are in different classes this year!" I think that Tanner had been craving this little piece of twinly independece for awhile. Even so, when they get home at the end of the day they are still inseperable.

Oh, what am I going to do all day to entertain Ian?

And Charlotte

So pumped for the first day of school. Ashlyn was nervous because her teacher's name is Mrs. Scoresby and she could not remember that name for the life of her. I told her to imagine a bee scoring a goal in a basketball game. So from there on out she told everyone her teacher's name was Mrs. Goalsbee... she has it straightened out now. She couldn't have gotten a better teacher for her personality. They are having a fairytale theme for the year and they love to do crafts in her classroom. She is already bringing home books to read and loves school.

Tanner is so stoked to be in his own class this year. After just two days of school, he had already earned a good student award and his group won the group of the week award the next week. His teacher told me already at back to school night what a good boy he is. He is soaring this year. He is reading and doing math and is loving every minute of school.
Sometimes, I wish I could go back and do it all over again. It looks so fun! Maybe, that is why I got my teaching degree. Maybe I will go back to first grade someday.

Comments