Kids are Funny

These are a few of my favorite quotes from my kids over the past few weeks.

Tanner to the bank lady: "We just got signed up for school today, we are going to the first grade!"
Ian to the bank lady: "I don't get to go to school, my mom is my teacher."
Bank Lady: "Oh that's great, is your mommy a nice teacher."
Ian: "NO! She's weird!"

When eating our lunch at a local elementary school, I told the kids, "Eat all of your food, it gives you lots of energy."
Ian: "Mom, I don't want any more energy. I've got so much it's coming out my mouth!"

Tanner after he weighed himself on the scale in our bathroom: "Mom, I just stood on that thing that measures your feet and it said 45!"

Ashlyn when asked to make lemonade couldn't reach the kitchen sink, so took the pitcher to the bathroom to fill it up, then found out it was too heavy for her to carry back, so Tanner helped her, "Look at us Mom, we are using "twinwork"."


AND for some of my favorite retro quotes that I found buried in a notebook the other day:

At age 3, Tanner helped me mop the floor. Zac came home from work and walked into the kitchen much to Tanner's consternation and he yelled, "Dad! Get out of here! I just mopped!"

At age 4, when we got caught in the rain, Tanner told me, "Mom, this rain is making my hair look so handsome."

Ashlyn at age 3 loved to play with ZooPals, paper plates that look like animals. But, she got so possesive with them that she wouldn't let her brothers touch them, so I took them away and said, "Ashlyn you can't have those plates, they are turning you into a monster." The next day I got her some lunch and put it on the ZooPals plate and was surprised when Ashlyn wouldn't touch it. Finally, I said, "Ashlyn why won't you eat your lunch?" and she replied, "I don't want to turn into a monster!" She thought that she would literally turn into a monster if she touched the plates again!

Also at the age of 3, Ashlyn asked her grandma if the neighbors were growing lamps and milk in their garden because they had used milk jubs and tomato tents to cover their plants.

AND ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES:

When Ashlyn was 3 Tanner jerked her onto our bed and hurt her arm pretty bad. We were nervous that it was out of socket and Zac gave her a blessing. I asked her if she wanted to go to the doctor and Ashlyn replied, "No thank you, I am just going to lay here until Jesus fixes my arm."

Comments