Almost Kicked the Bucket

This past week I have almost completed three of the things on my bucket list (things to do before I die).

First, I got my first fiction story accepted for publication and even got paid a whoppin' $5 for it! It will be posted on storiesthatlift.com and as soon as it is posted I will post a link. This is an almost complete because the real item on my bucket list is to have a children's book published. I am still working on it.

Second, I am on my last book of the 89 books on the Newberry award winning youth literature books. This is an almost because I have put this one off till the last, needless to say, I am struggling to get through Smokey the Cow Horse but my niece Maddy assures me it is a good one.

And finally, I made my first fondant cake, which is an almost because my actual goal is to make a fondant wedding cake. I cheated on this one and used rice krispie treats. I will try making one more with actual cake and then I hope to make an amazing wedding cake!



It was so much fun! And even the kids got in on it and helped me make the bubbles for the duckies bubble bath.

Comments

USA said…
THIS IS SO CUTE! WOW! My sister in law is getting into doing cakes too. It's fun to see how creative you all can be! Way to go!
USA said…
Oh yeah...CONGRATS on the story. You've always been so good at that. i'm proud of you. Way to accomplish your bucket list things. I just finished a really good book too...The Overton Window...Glenn Beck. Good One. Take care!
Annie Bingham said…
That cake rocks! You are sooo good.