Random Kid Cuteness

These are just some random things that the kids have said this week that I thought were cute and want to write down before I forget.

1) When asked what she wants to be when she grows up, Ashlyn replied, "A balloon seller!" but then thought about it for a minute and said, "Well, maybe, it might get a little cold standing outside all day."

2) I took Ian with me for a tour of the maternity ward at the hospital. He was dying to go on the elevator and I let him push the buttons. Later, in the van, he kept telling me something, but I couldn't make it out. I thought he was saying something about an "excavator", which isn't unusual in this family. I just kept saying, "yep" and "that's nice". Finally, Ian shouted, "MOM! You are not LISTENING to me!" I said, "I guess your right, what are you saying buddy?" to which he replied, "I am telling you THANK YOU for the ELEVATOR!" I thought that it was so sweet that it meant so much to him to ride the elevator and he wanted to make sure that I knew he had said thank you for it!

3) *Language Advisory-- Plug your eyes if you have sensitive ears!* Tanner had to stay home from school on Monday because he woke up with pink eye. He and Ian were stoked about going to the doctor because the doctor's office gives the kids coins at the end of their appointment to put into a toy vending machine. When Ashlyn got home and the boys showed her their bouncy balls, she exclaimed, "Dammit! I always miss the good stuff when I go to school!" After I told her that "dammit" was a swear word, she started to cry. She felt so bad that she had said a swear word. Even so, I still had a hard time not laughing!

4) I was looking at Tanner the other day and noticed how big he was getting. I said, "Tanner will you do me a favor? Could you please stop growing up?" To which he replied, "I can't Mom, Jesus wants me to grow up. But there's just one thing that I'm worried about... I just don't know what kind of truck I'll buy when I grow up."

Comments