Charlotte Geraldine Fillmore

We welcomed Charlotte Geraldine Fillmore into our family on March 25, 2010 at 7:54AM. She was a planned c-section and didn't come a minute sooner than expected, so that is good (I guess... those last weeks, I started fantasizing about going into labor). She is named Charlotte, because Zac and I love that name and never even really talked about anything else. The kids have been calling her Charlotte for months. And Geraldine comes from Zac's Grandma, Gerry (Geraldine) Jacobs, whom we both love and admire so much.

She weighed 7lbs 6oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. So far she has been extremely mild mannered, only crying when hungry and already sleeping well. We can't get enough of her. Her brothers and sister think that they have died and gone to Heaven!

This is me the night before Charlotte was born. I had a lot of swelling in my face, legs, and feet! I was so ready to have her out.

This is right after the nurses cleaned her up and brought her to me. I was surprised to see a full blown headband on her head rather than just the usual little ribbon. It was funny because after a while Zac would pull it off because he thought it looked uncomfortable, but whenever she came back from the nursery, the nurses had put it back on again.

C-section babies are great for their head shape and skin color! We think she is beautiful. She has Zac's cowlick and my chin dimple, but we can't say who she looks like more.

A family of 6... Can I really do this? And yes, I am still pretty swollen!

It was fun to have a baby in Idaho this time. We actually got visited in the hospital. It looks like my dad and Rachael are more interested in drawing funny pictures on my pain chart than holding the baby!

Two great big brothers!

Home at last! And we are all doing great!
Hopefully I can update with more recent pictures as soon as I learn how to either type better with a baby in my arms, or teach Charlotte that it is okay to have a nap in her crib, rather than my arms.

Comments

Matt Bingham said…
Cute pictures. In the bottom one she looks like her cousin Alyza (whom we like to call Lyzer Lou). Love ya.
Matt Bingham said…
Oh and that was Annie who left that comment, apparently Matt has been blogging again ( he made a crop blog for his growers ) and so he was signed in. Don't be freaked out.
Adrianne Miller said…
She is so cute. Good job, Mommy. Those last few weeks are so rough but it's all worth it. I don't have to tell you that.
Powell's Place said…
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll manage the one-handed typing eventually!
Leia said…
Congrats!! She is so beautiful! I hope you are recovering quickly, good luck!
Oh yeah!! Congratulations!! So excited for you growing family!! I love that you're a family of 6!! She's a doll!!
Lefgren Family said…
She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on a successful birth. A momma of four... your amazing.
Take care,
Sue