Valentine's Day

I absolutely adore Zac for his creativity.  He is one of the most thoughtful and creative gift-givers I know.  After eating SO much sugar throughout the holidays and Superbowl Sunday, I couldn't stomach another candy binge fest.  Zac gets me and for Valentine's Day, he bought almost every kind of unfamiliar fruit and vegetable in the produce aisle of Walmart... including jicama, malanga, radishes, and many other fruits and vegetables that I can't even remember the names of.  We had a lot of fun trying all of these new fruits and veggies...


Of course, he knew I actually needed a *little* hit of sugar and also got me some nibs and Diet Coke to go with all that healthiness!

We got the kids their favorite Reeses treats to show them how much we love them.  (We sent Tanner some snacks to Lincoln so he knew that we loved him too.)

I also tried to think out of the box beyond the typical candy fest.  And I put together a theme-date night for Zac.  I got us an escape the island game, along with items to make some tropical smoothies, tropical candles, and tropical lotion.

Bronson modeling the island apparel from my gift!

The sad part of Valentine's day was that they ended up having to call it a snow day due to blowing and drifting snow.  Fortunately ,the kids still got to have their class parties, just a day or two late!


I threatened to not have our typical "Cupid's Crazy Cafe" because we had an overscheduled Tuesday, but when everything was canceled due to weather, we were able to pull off a last-minute Cupid's Cafe.  I never realized how much this tradition meant to our kids until I threatened to cancel it. Even the big kids love and look forward to it every year.  

To top off the night, Whitlee gave me a complimentary spa treatment at her spa, Starry Night Spa!

And Zac got some cuddle time in with his Sweethearts!

 What an awesome holiday to remind us how much we love and enjoy each other and give us reasons to make memories and traditions!

Comments