Zac and Lori Trip to Tampa

Zac had a need to run to Florida for a couple of days to meet with a couple of clients on both ends of Florida and he bribed me with a beach day and a convertible rental if I would agree to join him!




The weather was fabulous and I had the most relaxing beach day in Tampa on the sandy white beaches.  It was pure Heaven to soak in the warm ocean water and lay out and read a book all day!



The trunk on our convertible was so laughable, it barely fit my one suitcase!
On our drive across the state from Tampa to Jacksonville, I talked Zac into a drive-through St. Augustine, which is purported to be the oldest city in America and the place where Ponce De Leon landed, and possibly even searched for the Fountain of Youth! It was so fun to drive through that historic and beautiful coastal town in our fancy convertible!


We didn't visit the actual Fountain of Youth site in St. Augustine, but this old fountain was just in a hidden corner downtown, and who knows, it may just be the real deal?  I know I felt younger after driving through kid-free in a convertible with my sweetheart!

When we finally got to Jacksonville, it was time to get to work!  I got to visit a job site with Zac where they were busy putting up rebar in a dome and preparing to shotcrete.


Safety First!

While walking the site, I walked through a tunnel leading to a grain elevator on the site and found Zac's name, Zac swears he didn't do it!

I was actually really surprised that with all the graffiti that was in that tunnel, almost none of it was vulgar or offensive.  There were so many positive messages and cute graffiti!  I love Florida!

The dome has a beautiful location right on the port and we were able to capture a few sweet pictures!


Jacksonville was a beautiful town that had a clean feel and some fun sites.  This is the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium.


On the way home, Zac talked me into driving by the Salt Lake City Temple to check on the progress to the temple rennovation.
The Spring flowers were in full bloom and so beautiful.

I love how enamored my husband is with construction projects and especially when it involves the LDS church.

It was so good to see the Conference Center open again to walk through for tours.  It had just barely re-opened after being shut down for several years of COVID.



Zac and I took the opportunity to recreate a photo that we had taken about exactly 21 years ago when we were engaged and I traveled with Zac when he sang with the Rick's College choir at temple square for conference.  We climbed to the top of the Conference Center and took our picture overlooking the temple.  It feels so surreal to be here 21 years and 6 kids later with all of the experiences, trials, and adventures we have been through.  We have more pounds, wrinkles, and grey hairs, but our love for each other is as strong as ever.  Can't wait for the temple to finish so that we can sit in that blessed structure once again and also can't wait to see what adventures the next 20 years bring!

Comments