Valentine's Day 2019

Every now and then Ashlyn and I enjoy a good baking challenge.  We had never tried sugar cookies with the pretty royal icing that we had seen all over Pinterest and we were dying to try it.  So we baked up some delicious sugar cookies and recruited some troops to frost cookies with our traditional buttercream frosting and then Ashlyn and I used the rest to make us some fancy cookies all in time for a Valentine's treat...

This boy kills me...




So.... royal icing thickens and dries fast and it was a bit harder than we anticipated.  Also, as it thickened it broke my handy little frosting tool and took what should have been a fun and easy project to a near Pinterest fail frustration :(
  
These two little friends had a fun Valentine's party at preschool.

We experimented with some heart hair: 


Charlotte got to design and make her own Valentine's box for school and htis is what she came up with.

The kids took some brownie mixes to their teachers: 

And Zac and I got the kids a little treat... 

And some Root Beer...

Which the twins especially loved. 

And because I love Zac "berry" much, I dipped him some strawberries. 

Altogether it was a wonderful day and a great excuse to remind our family how much we love them.

Comments