Zac and Lori One Year Older and Wiser Too

Guess what?  Zac and I had a birthday too.  And once again it even landed on the same day.  However, the world didn't seem to catch on that it was our birthday and our kids still needed taxi service to go to school, work, and baseball practices.  Fortunately, we still found time to make and eat birthday cake and open some presents.

Heavy, heavy hangover... golf balls, baseballs, and a water bottle, all picked out by the kids for their dad without any help or hints from mom.


And a huge batch of raspberry jam from mom!  The thing that Zac said he wanted more than anything in the world!  And also some tickets to a Bush and Stone Temple Pilots concert, Yay!


Heavy, heavy hangover mom... a gift bag full of yoga pants, a juice pitcher, a horse racing hat, and some sunglasses!


for our birthday cakes, I wanted the gooeyest chocolate cake I could find (that I didn't have to make myself) and Zac wanted a raspberry cheesecake.  Homemade cheesecakes are a little challenging but I love a cooking challenge and I think I actually nailed this one!  Both cakes were devoured by our monsters.



Even though our birthday fell on a Wednesday, we were able to go out to celebrate on the weekend with our traditional golf trip and dinner out.  The weather was perfect and my golf game is improving so it was a wonderful night.

We also had so many wonderful wishes from neighbors and friends.  I can't even believe how lucky I am to have such great family and friends who show us so much love.

Another fun surprise present came to us this year when I heard about a contest on the radio for the Ultimate Date Night out with a prize package that included $100 to a local restaurant, $100 to an escape room, and $150 to a theme hotel.  I heard about the contest on my birthday and thought, "I should enter that, since Zac and I have the same birthday and our anniversary is next week." I went online and entered my name into a drawing and within 2 hours was told that I had won the package!  Now we can really celebrate our birthday/ anniversary in high style!

I am a blessed girl.  So happy to share my birthday with my sweetheart!!

Comments