Girl's Camp: A Guest Post by Ashlyn

 To start off my exciting adventure the craziest thing that happened is that our camp leader had us all drop off our camp gear at her house on the day before camp.  She had us pile our stuff on a tarp in her yard, but she forgot to shut off her sprinkler system.  All of the girl's bags and camping gear got soaked!  Our poor leader had to stay up all night taking things out, drying them in her dryer and repacking bags.
 We did not do very much on the first day but one thing we definitely did do was clean and unpack. Then after all of that we headed down to do roll call I'm pretty sure one of ours went like this: " Just give me some bug spray just a little bits enough just a second were not food were just girls..." in the tune of that just give me a reason song.  


The next day was hike day but since I was a 1st year I only got to do the one mile hike while the other girls had to do seven! While we were waiting for them to finish we went down and played in the lake pond thing and on the swing that's over the creek. When they got back me and Keylee made dinner, it was tacos.


On the third day there we went on a snipe hunt and they made it sound really real because they said things like if you shine your flash light on it then instantly it will be paralyzed so I was really scared and was praying that it wouldn't attack me but then they said they caught one and showed me a little stuffed dog and told me that they were not real. 

This is all on the last day me and Keylee  were in a relay race involving canoes and we won! but did not end up going to the finals, but my dad came over with Charlotte and that was fun and we did archery and packed up and our family went to the cabin.
 On the way back we kept ramming into the other ward  (maybe it was on purpose )




I LOOOOOOOOVED girl's camp and can not wait for next year!!

Comments