Cool! School.

Back to School.  Woot!

First day, look at me I made pancakes.  Yep, I am that kind of mom.  The kind that sends her little darlings off to school with a big hot breakfast in their bellies. (at least on the first day, you better believe that the rest of the year is cold cereal and toaster waffles).



Whitlee enjoyed sitting at the counter watching everyone in the frenzy to get ready for school.

Lots of changes this year.  Ian is at a new school for 2nd and 3rd graders.  Tanner and Ashlyn entered Middle School and are in separate classes this year.  One exciting thing about our Middle School is that Tanner and Ashlyn will get to pick an instrument to learn this year.  Ashlyn is picking violin and Tanner wants to pick the cello... How fun!

You can tell a lot about a person by what they pick to wear on the first day of school... 
Ian chose a hand-me-down Riverside Panthers shirt from Tanner.  He thought this would give him an edge over the other students because he ALREADY has a school shirt!  What a cool guy!

Ashlyn is a girl.  She chose to wear her new school clothes that we picked out and bought for the occasion.

And Zac's sister Megan will laugh at this... Though I bought Tanner school clothes, he chose to wear some pretty plain hand-me-downs, why?  Because everyone else will be wearing new clothes on the first day, so why not be different by wearing old hand-me-downs.  He still looked handsome even with his new clothes protest.  What cracks me up is that Zac has told me he used to do the same thing on the first day of school.  Tanner doesn't even know that about his dad, but boy do they ever think the same on so many levels.

#Growingupwaytofast #myfirsttimeeverusinghashtags #amIsupposedtousespaces? #canyouusepunctuationinhashtags?

And I have decided to operate my own home preschool again this year for Charlotte and Bronson. 
Charlotte was so excited to do preschool that when I told her I wouldn't actually really start it until next week, she bawled and said she would bawl all day the next day too if I didn't do preschool.  SO... 

Zac and I stayed up until midnight making a preschool.

Charlotte was so surprised and happy when she woke up.  She kept telling me I was the best teacher ever and she calls me Mrs. Mommy.

I told them to give each other a hug.  Ha!  This is as good as it ever gets :)

I am so glad that she enjoys having me as a teacher.  I was worried that she would be disappointed that she is not going anywhere this year.  But I can't tell you enough how much I enjoy that one-on-one teaching time with my kids.  This is one of the best bonding opportunities I have had with each of my kids and my one last chance to get some good bonding time in before I turn them loose in the world of education. 

Love my kids and can't wait to see what fun opportunities are in store for us this year.


Comments