Bring it Baby

My poor husband has been so over-worked (and over-played) that he just hasn't had a good Saturday at home to do my bidding and complete my honey-do lists for months.... hmmm, I'm starting to wonder if he is avoiding being home for a reason?  Anywho, he was all mine this weekend and I had him finish up some last minute projects in preparation for baby and now we're ready (can you ever really be ready?)

First off, he built me a quilt display ladder.  I am so fortunate to have so many talented individuals who are quilting, sewing, and crocheting blankets for this baby, that I couldn't bear the thought that when they are not in use they would be shut away in a closet.  I told Zac what I wanted and he built this ladder like display for me so that we can look at all of the colorful and beautiful quilts between snuggles.  And of course, after spending so much time on her blessing dress, you can bet that I will be hanging it on display as well.

New wall stickers to "girl up" the room.


Diaper station... ready.  Clothes... washed.  Diapers, wipes, lotions, bath wash, powder, etc. etc. etc.... purchased.

Carseat... girlified.

Now if only we could come up with a name.  Can you tell that I have a Type A personality?  Names we are considering are in pink.  Middle names in purple and our last name in white.  I have written the rank of each name on the top 100 baby list names for the last several years and written the baby name meaning on each card.  I even have cut-outs from magazines if I see one of the names we are thinking of.  We also have a countdown chain until baby comes.  Now that you know how nuts I am, do you still want to be my friend?

And over the weekend, we got this beauty cleaned out, washed, and ready to go. 
We upgraded our van in October because we simply did not have enough seats in the van to add another child.  And now that we live down a long gravel road in the land of snow and ice, I thought it would be nice to have the option to switch to 4-wheel drive in the Winter.... but then of course we never got any snow this year.

But look at that roomy luxury.  I am in Heaven.  I love our new Suburban and our boys thought shopping for a new vehicle was one of the best things to ever happen to them.

We are so happy to have an extra seat to bring baby home in and a room all finished and waiting for her arrival.  Now we just need the girl (oh please, oh please still be a girl).

Comments