A Guest at Every Meal

Bronson found my ceramic statue of Christ tonight and was so excited to show me that he had found Jesus.  Then he packed him off and into the kitchen heading toward the hard tile floor.  I may have panicked a little, as I recently saw this same busy little two-year old hurl a bowl to the floor two days ago to see what would happen and watched in amazement as it shattered into a thousand pieces.  So I chased after him as fast as I could waddle (9-months pregnant) and was so surprised to see that Bronson had seated Christ at the counter in his booster seat... a guest at our table.

It brought to mind this quote I have seen floating around on vinyl...
"Christ is the center of our home; a guest at every meal; a silent listener to every conversation."
And after a looooooooooong day with a busy two-year old, my heart was softened and I grabbed that little bugger and gave him a hug.  And we let Christ stay at the table for the rest of the night as a reminder of his presence in our home.
From the mouth of babes.


Comments