Why I Should Always Take Zac Grocery Shopping

In the past, I have preferred to do the grocery shopping on my own, rather than take Zac and the kids along, so that I could try to avoid: THIS.

However, I didn't realize how much essentials I have been depriving the kids of!  The other night, Zac and I had a date, yes an actual date!  My mom so generously offered to watch the kids so that we could have a night out together, doing things like... grocery shopping.

And while I was running as fast as I could to grab the 9 gallons of milk (not exaggerating) and 4 loaves of bread, Zac found the aisle with the tropical drink umbrellas... essential.

When the kids woke up in the morning to find what their dad had left them, you would have thought it was Christmas!








Yep, we may be off our grocery budget this month by a buck fifty, but it was so worth it.

Thanks Zac for helping me redefine my concept of "The Essentials"!

Comments

Leia said…
I love this! And the post about Charlotte's shopping attire. Her outfit reminds me of my daughter, she refuses to let me help dress her. Being a mom is SO fun! ;)