Tuesday and Thursday Night Lights


Tanner and Ian are currently the boys of Fall playing city league flag football and absolutely LOVING it!  I am finding that nothing is easy when toting around five kids, but have found it especially hard lately to get pictures of the boys, as it seems like I am always trying to hold/entertain a rambunctious baby while simultaneously chasing the 2-year old off the field and trying to convince her to put her skirt back on.  But I knew I had to be better, especially since Zac hasn't been able to get to a game yet with his work/ build the house schedule.  Therefore, I had a brilliant brainstorm last night and I hired the kids to take pictures of each other's games.  At least it seemed like a good idea, until I looked at the pictures... 
And I had 100 shots that looked like this...

And this.

Fortunately, I was able to get a few also.  Tanner is the one behind the boy in orange.  His team is in Packers colors, though because the Shelley league doesn't pay to be part of the NFL program, he is technically called "The Green Team"

Lots of huddles and plays being concocted.

This is a shot by Ashlyn.  I put it here because she actually got Tanner in focus.

Tanner loves playing football and being part of a team.  His highlights this year include being an expert flag puller, but his best play of the year was when he caught a ball intended for the other team and made an interception!  Way to go Tanner!


We also had a lot of headless shots like this (by Tanner).  This is Ian getting ready to be the kicker. 

Ian's in there somewhere, they all look the same from the back.

Our little buddy getting ready for the play.

Ian's highlights include being one awesome kicker.  He also ran the ball last night and was oh so very close to a touchdown before he stepped out of bounds.  This boy has a lot of energy and sometimes we have to remind him not to do the splits while he is supposed to be getting down and ready for a play.

And no post is complete without a picture of Charlotte crying.  When the boys had their first game, she was convinced that she had a game too and had to wear her football jersey (a hand-me-down from cousin Kade).  After the games when we were getting in the van, she was dragging her feet screaming, "No! I didn't play my game yet!!!"  We had to convince her that her team was the "Cheering for Brothers Team" and eventually she has come to terms with that and is okay with it (as long as we make sure to provide a treat after the game!)


Comments