Family Camping

We love camping!  But even more than that, we love being with family, so when my mom and dad suggested a Martineau family camping trip over the 4th of July weekend, we were so there!

My parents selected a spot right near Henry's Lake, which is just down the road from Island Park and Mack's Inn.  The spot they picked was absolutely perfect, so many big beautiful trees offering shade, big flat spots perfect for tents and camping trailers, and a large meadow perfect for playing games.

 We had some wonderful badmitton/ volleyball games take place, with only a few injuries which is good for a family this competitive!

 But our favorite part was playing in the creek that ran nearby.  The kids had nets and were in Heaven trying to catch minnows.

 It was such a warm day that the creek felt so relaxing.

The big girls had a ball wearing their life jackets like diapers and floating down the creek.

And Kellie got a much needed shampooing.  (Sorry Kell, this picture was just so cute, if you hate me, I can remove it, but I think you look darling!)

Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures of Tanner in, as he was constantly off on adventures with his boy cousins, and Charlotte wouldn't hold still for a picture.  I would have loved to have gotten some better pictures of the campsite as well, but I get so busy living life sometimes, that I forget to chronicle it with pictures!  We had a great time visiting with family, eating good food, and enjoyed a wonderful fireworks show at Mack's Inn.  What a great way to spend a holiday!

Comments