Bragging about the Kids Update

Tanner's teacher called yesterday to tell me that he was the student of the month! Ashlyn had the honor back in October. Only one student per month can be the student of the month, meaning only 9 out of 25 kids get that honor in a year and both my kids got picked! The teacher told me how good my kids are and how much she enjoys them. It made me feel very proud, so last night we broke out the popcicles and had a toast to Tanner.

Before I forget, I just wanted to write some of the cute things Ian has been saying lately. He absolutely loves nursery at church, but calls it "Christmas tree". I guess nursery kind of sounds like a tree? We also bought a rocket kit and launched it a couple of weeks ago. Ever since then, he has been counting down, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, ROCKSTAR! Don't know where that one came from, but it is funner to yell than "Blastoff!" And I love lately how he tells everyone that Jesus Christ is his brother (or dad depending on his mood). He is so funny with Charlotte too, he talks to her just like he talks to anyone else, and in an annoyed voice will say "Char-lotte... why are you crying, you are O K!"

Charlotte is doing great too. She is up to 11 lbs, which is just great and she is starting to grow out of that fussy phase and is moving into a smiling and content and a "mom can set me down sometimes" phase, which has been helpful. Her hair is starting to grow back and she isn't so full of snot all the time. She is so close to sleeping through the night, I can't wait! Oh how I crave sleep!

I really have the best kids in the world. And that is the best gift I could ever ask for Mother's Day!

Comments

Awesome. So now...what did you do at home that you think was effective in getting your kids to behave so well!! I'm dying to know!!