Pies Galore!

I am not a couponer, but I would very much like to be... I just can't ever seem to figure out how to get these great deals that everyone is talking about. However, thanks to my sister Kellie for a great tip today, I got an awesome deal on pies and I just wanted to share with you while Thanksgiving is right around the bend.

First of all, Albertsons has a deal, buy Buy a Sara Lee Oven Fresh Pie at $6.39, Get Another Pie Plus 2 Breyers Ice Creams 1.5 qt. FREE.

Got that so far... You pay $6.39 and you get 2 pies and 2 1.5 qts of ice cream.

Now... add in a coupon for a dollar off a pie (and print 2 because Albertsons will double coupons)... http://coupons.redplum.com/GrocerySmarts/ You can print the coupon here.

And FINALLY, add in the fact that Albertsons will give you back $30 for every $60 you spend in pies (which means you only have to pay for 6 pies (even though you get 12) to get this deal, because first they charge you for the 12 pies, then you get the $30 coupon, then the discount for the 6 free pies comes off.

THEREFORE... I spent $49.12 on pies, but with my $30 coupon for free groceries that I got... really my total bill was... $19.12... and I got 16 pies and 16 Breyers Ice Creams, which equals about $0.60 per pie and $0.60 per ice cream.

This will make for a cheap, yet wonderful neighbor gift during the holiday season and will keep me from having to make pies for Thanksgiving!

Comments

Adrianne Miller said…
Wait, what exactly does "Albertsons will double coupons" mean? Explain please!!! How did I not know this?!?!
Fillmore Fun said…
In the Sunday paper, I guess there is a coupon for Albertsons that is a "Doubler". They will take any of your coupons and double them.

I didn't have that coupon, but the website I looked at before I went shopping said that I could print two of each coupon, even though the limit said 1... and Albertsons still took them.

Hope that helps.
Adrianne Miller said…
Oh, I get what you are saying. I thought you meant they'd take TWO coupons for one item. Yes, I knew all about this other thing.
We went last night and got 4 pies and 4 icecreams and the total was 52 dollars. He took my card and my two coupons for a 1.00 off and BAM! It was 11 dollars and change. I was so excited!