Easter

Our Easter celebrations began with a ward party where they set up a very reverent walk-through to view some scenes from Passion Week.  After everyone had walked through, I snuck back in to snap a picture to show Zac since he wasn't able to be there as he was in Australia.  I saw this little boy in there all by himself reverently pondering the life of Jesus and I quietly snapped a picture of him.

Saturday morning the Easter Bunny stopped by and left some Spring prizes and hid candy all over the house.  He seems to be getting trickier as the kids get older and even hid those little firecrackers that pop when you through them to scare us to death.  The kids kept triggering traps where Snaps would fall and scare us to death!




The big kids are getting way to cool to search for candy and just sit and let their siblings find it all and then steal it from them later.  The littles are starting to get smarter though and have started hiding their candy so the big kids won't get it.  There is candy stashed under beds and in drawers all over the house!

And on Sunday we got up early to make our traditional Resurrection Rolls.  They are a neat object lesson that talks about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and they are so delicious that the kids wonder why we don't eat them all of the time!

And Zac and I capped the Easter holiday off this year by being the speakers in our Easter Sacrament service.  It was a great way for me to really think about Easter and what it means to me.  No words can describe how grateful I am for my older brother Jesus Christ and all that he did for me.  I am so grateful for this holiday to honor him and contemplate His sacrifices.
Happy Easter!

Comments