The Few Pictures I got of Valentine's Day

Sadly and Happily Zac and I spent Valentine's Day in San Diego-  Happy because I was with my sweetheart on a break from the daily grind and the cold, but sad because it is the first Valentine's Day we haven't spent with our kids.

A week before Valentine's Day I made sure the kids were well stocked and prepared with Valentine's and treats for their classes.  Ashlyn and I made suckers together for her friends, and we stocked the freezer with some heart shaped pizza and ingredients for a love potion to make with Grandma.  And though I don't have actual pictures of Valentine's Day, here are a few of our favorite traditions:

A couple of weeks before Valentine's Day, we cut out a hundred colored hearts and encourage everyone in the family to write a Valentine for one another throughout the month.  The Valentine's are delivered by taping the hearts to the recipient's picture on our family picture wall.
I feel like I should leave them up all year round cause I love them so much.








Another favorite tradition is coming up with an art project for our basement art wall.  This year we found this cute idea to make these heart crafts by making black glue.  We mixed cheap black acrylic paint with a bottle of glue and mixed until black.  You then outline your picture and let it dry and then fill in the grid squares with water colors.  I loved how they turned out! 


It always pains me to throw away our cute craft projects, but then again, I'm always excited for the next holiday and the fun and traditions that our family has made special for each and every holiday.

Comments