New Camera Lens- Score!

Did I mention that for Christmas I got a new camera lens for my DSLR camera.  We were having a hard time zooming in on the kids while they were playing sports and it was hard to see what we were even taking pictures of unless I flat out got out on the court with them and chased them up and down, which the coaches were frowning on.  I finally got to get my new lens out on Saturday and here are a few highlights from the twins game.


Are you kidding me?  Look how tiny Ashlyn looks next to some of these girls.  She is playing with girls her age combined with a grade higher.  It is amazing how much difference one year of growing makes!  I hope she hits a growth spurt this year, or we may be done for in sports.

This is one of Tanner's jump shots that went in.  Tanner is the one jumping on the far right.


Grabbing a rebound

I think I took probably 100 shots, and I am realizing that even with a new lens there is still huge skill in sports photography and just photography in general.  And though it is fun practicing and taking pictures I find myself missing half the game while I am messing around with the camera and I have to put it down to enjoy the game.

What a lucky girl I am to have a new lens, but even luckier to have awesome kids to photograph!

Comments

Kris said…
Planning on coming to a game on Jan. 31 or the next week!