Forget Me Not

Today I was served a piece of sweet poetic justice. 
My little sister Annie celebrated her birthday in April.  On her birthday, like any good sister I posted on her Facebook wall wishing her a good day and also wishing for her that no one would throw her presents on the floor and break them.  Why?  Well, when Annie and I were kids we spent lots of time together.  We were pretty tight.  One year for our birthday, our grandma gave us each a little porcelain Hallmark girl with our age on it.  One day we were sitting around bored in an unfinished part of our basement.  I decided it would be a good time to work on a magic act.  I took my porcelain doll in one hand and another durable toy in the other.  I acted like I was going to dash my precious doll on the floor but at the last minute threw the toy from the other hand instead creating an illusion.  Annie thought that was a pretty good trick, so she ran to get her porcelain doll.  She got ready to dash it onto the concrete floor; ready with the toy in the other hand for that last minute switcheroo... however, she got a little confused and created an even better magic trick when she turned one doll into a thousand pieces. 
And that is why I wished her a birthday where no one broke her presents.

This year she surprised me for my birthday a month later with a darling Willow Tree Doll (the Forget Me Not version), roughly the same size as our Hallmark age dolls we had as kids.

At least this one is a durable little piece of wood I thought...

Of course, I am learning with Bronson around, nothing is "unbreakable."

Well played Annie... well played.



Comments

Annie Bingham said…
I would more like say, well played Bronson. He wins again! Moral of story: knick knacks should be shelved, not thrown.