Olympic Fever

In the past, I haven't been a huge fan of the Olympics.  Of course, I think it is so neat to see a worldwide sporting competition.  How amazing it must fee for those athletes to know that they are the best in the world at what they do.  And also, there is the pride that comes from cheering for America.  However, not having grown up doing much skiing at all, or ice skating, hockey, luging, bob sledding, etc., it has been hard for me to get into watching the competitions.

My husband on the other hand... grew up living to ski.  He LOVES the Olympics and has always been a huge fan.  Now that the kids are getting older and have been skiing a few times with their dad, we have a house full of Olympic fans and we have all been glued to the TV watching every event.  It has been fun for me to see my kids so excited by the competitions.

My absolute favorite however, has been watching Charlotte become enthralled by the ice skating.  Girls in sparkly dresses dancing on the ice... right up her alley.  Anytime the ice skating would come on, she would run to put on her princess night gown and she would try to replicate every move that the ice dancers made.  Even when the doubles were skating, she would hoist herself up in the air by her bottom and twirl and glide.



Oh she is so stinking adorable.  We may have to invest in some ballet lessons this fall.

Comments