Traditions Worth a Lick

This is one of my favorites, despite the mess, and the sugar high that accompanies for the next several hours, you just can't beat a good Graham Cracker House!










Tanner

I love the M&M christmas lights and the green Apple Jacks wreath above the door.

Ashlyn

Likewise, I adore the Trix Christmas lights and green Life Savers wreath.

Charlotte

You have never seen a 2-year old so happy or messy as when you give them free rein with a can of frosting, unlimited candy, and cereal, and a craft project.

Lori

I have to admit that I about had a melt down making my gingerbread house.  After all the decisions I have had to "help" make on the real house, I couldn't even decide whether to go with a Chex roof, or a Cinnamon Toast Crunch roof?  Red door? Brown door? Orange door? Round windows? square windows? No windows?  AHHHGHHH!  I will be in my bed hiding under the covers if anyone needs me.

Ian

Poor little buddy, was so intensely decorating his house that he got a little carried away and knocked it to the floor.  A few pieces of graham cracker broke off, but he insisted that he was okay with it and went on decorating.  Five minutes later and another knock-off resulted in total annihilation.  That is when the angel and devil popped on my shoulder.  The angel said "If you were a good mother, you would make him another house to decorate."  The devil said, "You have already made 5 houses tonight and cleaned up most of the mess, you are tired, and you don't want this kid to be up another 30 minutes decorating this house."  I looked at the sad face of the boy.  The  angel won.  I built him another house.  He decided this time to go with an all gumdrop roof.  Being the good mom that I am, I decided to help him to make it go faster.  Apparently, the roof wasn't completely set yet and it ended up collapsing the entire house.  Total annihilation.  Devil wins, "Bed time!" but the angel gets in there too, "But you can have my house."  It is a win-win.  And all are happy.

We even have enough goodies left over for gingerbread girl/boy pancakes!  Yay!

Comments