The Joy of Motherhood

Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy my children?  I am seriously so blessed.  These last couple of weeks of pregnancy have been a doozer, as I have struggled through pulled muscles, sinus infection, and my fifth case of stomach flu in the last four months.  Sometimes I wonder if kids are worth all the trouble, but then I have tender mommy moments like last Monday after a rough morning of stomach flu/ sinus infection when I emerged from my cave of death (bedroom) to find Ashlyn reading to Charlotte and Ian, Tanner has gotten the little kids some snacks and drinks, and they all informed me that they had cleaned the basement without even being asked.  My kids are so thoughtful, kind, and helpful, that it really does make me look forward to meeting number 5 even if he is making me miserable right now!

Here are some of my favorite pics from the last couple of weeks...

Charlotte giving herself a pedicure.  She was using the foot buffer and had the toe nail clippers and happily sat there working on her feet for at least 2 minutes!

Ashlyn reading to Charlotte and Ian, a common occurance at our home

Ashlyn invited to participate in a dance class with a friend, all dressed up and bursting at the seams ready to go!

Who doesn't wear sunglasses in the bathtub?

Finally snow!!!  This is the first year that Charlotte has been able to bundle up and play in the snow with the kids.  She thought it was absolutely great and didn't want to come in!  Notice the adorable monkey snow hat that she got from Grandma Julie for Christmas. 

A girl on a mission, Ashlyn has been dreaming of snowmen all winter and FINALLY we got some snow, you can bet that she busted it outside as soon as possible.

Tanner takes his snow sculpting seriously and got out the biggest shovel he could find to maximize his snow piling potential.

Ian

The finished snowman... notice the yellow snow, it is a contribution from the neighbor's dog who was intimidated by his smiley new neigbor and pees on the snowman every chance he gets.

Ian discovered some chopsticks in our silverware drawer the other day and decided that they would make some great drumsticks.  He is such a creative and happy child, rarely do I ever have to entertain this boy.

We also just got done with parent/teacher conferences and listened to both Tanner and Ashlyn's teachers radiate with nothing but praise for our well behaved intelligent children.

Maybe I can do five kids afterall?  Ready or not, 27 more days and counting...

Comments