Santa's Workshop

Why is it that Christmastime (aka, the busiest time of the year) is the one time of year that I decide to work on "projects".  I mean, you would think it would be enough if I could just figure out what to get everyone for Christmas without all the extra stress of baking, crafting, and homemade gifts.  But I am, who I am, and here we are with a little more than two weeks left and me smack in the middle of a million projects. 

The first Thursday of December was our Relief Society workshop (which I am in charge of) and we decided to have a hot chocolate bar in addition to our wonderful speakers.  I never do feel that Martha Stewart feeling inside of me, so I was actually quite tickled when it turned out so cute!

Here is the table set up and ready to go 

 In case you are wondering what is involved in a hot chocolate bar, ours included toasted coconut marshmallows, mini marshmallows, pirroette cookies, candycanes, teddy bear cookies...

 Look at my cute jars!  I am so crafty!

 I also took caramel swirl marshmallows, dipped them in melted chocolate and then in crushed graham crackers.  They went fast!  There are also Oreo cookies, or as my kids call them (milk cookies).  If I had been more awesome, I would have dipped them in white chocolate and made snowman faces or something clever.

 These are dipped stirring spoons.  I loved how they turned out.  I took some plastic spoons dipped them in melted chocolate and sprinkled crushed candy canes on some, decorated some with mini marshmallows to make little snowmen, and also dipped some in peanut butter chips and sprinkled with chocolate.  Ashlyn about cried when I took them to my meeting, but I promised her we would make some more if they were all gone, and they were, and we did!

At the end of the table I put some "to-go" bags with some extra packets of hot chocolate for the sisters to take to those who couldn't be there.

All in all the speakers at the workshop were wonderful and I am now in love with hot chocolate bars!

As for my other million projects... you will just have to wait and see because some of them might be for you!

Comments

Annie Bingham said…
Making a table look like this would kick my butt. You did AWESOME.