Counting Countdowns to Christmas

 You might say that we are getting pretty excited for Christmas around here.  In fact, counting down to Christmas has become a full time job at our house...

We have the traditional chain approach which Tanner made himself about the beginning of November because he just couldn't wait to get started on the countdown!

We have our "Christ-Centered" Christmas countdown that I blogged about last year.  Each day, the kids get to open a door where they find a little candy and a slip of paper telling us what our gift to Christ will be for the day.  (It is not as cute this year because I bought candy that was too big to fit with the doors shut :( but the thought is still good!) 

We also have this countdown stocking given that was a gift, in which we have to move a star every day to the appropriate day.  If I was a dang awesome mom, I could put small advent items in there every day, but I figured with all the other rigamarole, moving a star is just fine.

Next up, we have this darling magnet board that my crafty neighbor made us last year.  There is a little magnet that you put on the day.

We made these babies at a cousin craft party.  Every day we cut off a piece of Santa's beard until at Christmas he has no beard left! 

On the contrary, this Santa's beard gets bigger every day that we count down to Christmas.  Ian made this beauty at preschool.

In addtion, we have a darling little Disney book advent in which there are 24 Disney character Christmas stories.  We read one each night and then hang them on a little tree.

So as you can see counting down to Christmas keeps me busy most days as I cut here, glue there, move this, and open that.  But it is all worth it so that I can tell you all proudly that there are only 17 days left until Christmas.... wait a minute, that is only like 2 weeks!!!
AAACCCKKK!

Comments

Kris said…
You always manage to make me giggle!