Spoiled Rotten

When Tanner and Ashlyn were born I had lots of rules. I knew that twins were going to be a challenge, so being the organizer that I am, I read books, planned schedules, and had discipline methods ready and in place. The twins had naptime, playtime, bathtimes, and meal times and if ever a line got crossed, I got cross. Like when Tanner started sneaking into Ashlyns room at night when they were 2 and I would hear giggle fests. I would get upset try to tell them that they needed their sleep and carry one back to their room. I would then complain to Zac, who would say, oh come on, it's cute they're only young once... loosen up!
After having Ian, somehow my rules all went out the door. I only had one baby to bathe, one to feed, and I could hold him without someone crying to be fed on the floor. And so I did. I held him and held him and held him.... and then he wouldn't let me put him down one day and even now I found myself packing the two year old tank around!
Then there is Zac. Maybe it is because he works more hours and doesn't get to see the kids as much, or maybe he has sense my defenses dropping? But lately, bedtime for Ian consists of us putting him down for bed, then 5-10 minutes later when Ashlyn and Tanner have been put to bed, he sneaks out of his room and scopes us out with his binocculars. Zac sees him, laughs his head off, then Ian has his bait set. "Daddy, I want daddy's bed!" "Okay little guy whatever you want." And these pictures were the result of Ian having his way staying up until 10 in Mommy and Daddy's bed. Zac went to get the camera because he was being so funny. So then Ian thought that he would like to be a photographer for the night and these are the results of his work. Whatever he is when he grows up, I am sure it will involve pushing buttons.
We said, "Ian take a picture of yourself" Zac thought he would take it in the mirror, but he actually turned the camera around and got this great self portrait.

His signature silly face involves two thumbs on his cheeks.

One of fifty rapid fire pictures of Mom. I felt like I was being chased by the paparazzi.


A great shot of Dad!

Comments

I love it Lori. I hope I can realize when it is important to be steadfast with rules and when to be loving and caring. I think it's a hard thing. Sounds like you all had a blast though!!!