Good Times

Basketball season is in full effect over here in our part of the world and has been since October when Ian started.  The twins started up in December and we haven't had hardly a break in between, but do you know what?  I love it!  I have always loved basketball more than any other sport, which seems so unlike me as there is quite a bit of running involved... and I know that I married the right man because he has the same amount of passion for the sport that I do.

He even volunteered to coach Ashlyn's team this year and that is no small challenge for a guy that is really good at basketball to take a group of 8-9 year old girls and patiently teach them how to be aggressive while also working on all the basics.  He is doing a great job!
 
You can see Zac intently watching the game in the background.  He by far gets more intently into the game than the girls do at this point.  Ashlyn is number 33.

I am so proud of Ashlyn.  She has the most peaceful and loving disposition so it can be really challenging for her to flip over to aggressive basketball mode.  Every year this girl plays, she improves so much. She is really getting in there this year and has even scored some points for her team.  But most of all, she always keeps the right attitude about sports and gets in there to make friends, get exercise, and have fun.  She is a good girl and it is fun to see her developing her talents.

This boy on the other hand has no trouble with being aggressive.  He eats, sleeps, and breathes basketball.  He loves it.

Tanner has also improved his basketball skills so much since he first started.  He spends a lot of time with his dad learning lay-ups, strategy, shooting and dribbling skills, and much more.  I am amazed to see the level at which these boys perform.  It brings tears to my eyes (sniff) to see my kids growing up so fast.  Tanner has had a really good year.  Their team has only lost one game (by 2 points in overtime) and he has been a large contributor of points, rebounds, and steals.  He is so much fun to watch.

I wish I could get some more really awesome game shots of these kiddos in action, but it is almost downright impossible when you have superfans like this:
It is hard enough wrestling him off the court, as he thinks he is big enough to play, let alone snapping awesome pictures with the one arm that isn't restraining him. 

Maybe I should just let him jump into the game and play.  You can never start them too young right?

Comments